Protection of your privacy
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
How do we collect your information?
We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including from you directly (including when you interact with us in writing, electronically or via telephone), when you visit our website (including when you submit a quote or contact form), when you participate in our events or promotions, when we supply products or services to you and from public sources of information and marketing and similar lists which are legally acquired by us.
How do we use your information?
Your privacy is respected, and we do not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We use personal information for a variety of purposes to effectively conduct our business, including to:
- supply our customers with products and services,
- provide our customers and prospective customers with information about us and our products and services, including how use of our products or services can be improved
- gain an understanding of our customers' needs in order to provide better products and services and maintain our high levels of customer service
- conduct research and development
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- manage our relationships with our suppliers and stakeholders
- to consider job applicants for current and future employment.
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent). To help us carry out these activities, from time to time we disclose personal information to other persons including:
- our contractors, suppliers and agents who assist us to provide products and services and to administer and manage our business
- government and regulatory authorities (as required or authorised by law)
- our professional advisors (such as auditors and lawyers)
- organisations that assist us to conduct research or analyse data
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by privacy obligations in relation to your personal information.
How do we store your information?
We store your information in electronic form on computer servers. Some of those servers may be located outside Australia and/or have technical hardware located outside Australia. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How can you access your information?
You information can be accessed through Your 360Tanks account. If you are unable to access your account, or there is information which we record which is not displayed through that account, or You would like to update some information which cannot be updated through Your account, then please contact us at email@example.com.
Like many companies, we use ‘cookie’ technology on our website. ’Cookies’ are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, store registration data, facilitate the user's ongoing access to and use of the website, allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. Cookies are not programs that come onto your system and damage files. In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you and, if that is the case, we will extend the same privacy protections to that information as we do to other personal information we collect about you. You can disable cookies or be warned when cookies are being used by adjusting your internet browser settings. However, disabling cookies may mean that you are not able to access parts of our website or to take advantage of the improved user experience that cookies can help provide.
Visiting our website
When you visit our website, in addition to any personal information you submit (e.g. in a contact form), a record of your visit will be recorded. This record may include the following types of information:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (e.g. .gov, .au)
- the date and time of the visit
- pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the address of any website that linked you directly to our site
- when you email us we will record your email address
Third party websites